I started reading my Lonely Planet Australia book, and seriously, I am really thinking I'll need about a year in Australia to do what I think would be fun and interesting.
As it seems to be evolving from
"Me, casey and Jasper"
[i have to cut it off at that]
my list of things i want to do and see is getting really
can someone help out here??
WHAT do you all think we MUST see and DO in Australia?
can you people start helping out here a little bit??
you MUST know what i like and can offer help based on that. If not, here's what i like:
- outdoor markets
- restaurants [cheap but fabulous and LOCAL please]
- local customs and activities [i.e fishing]
- we must go to the GBR FOR SURE!! i will force myself to learn to snorkel of scuba dive or whatever...i have to show no fear in front of my children. oooiiiiii
- meeting ALL of you that want to meet me. if you don't care to meet me, i won't bother you with my presence in your neck of the woods. :) I'm just saying.
- walks along beaches and hiking and that sort of thing.
- SOME shopping, not much and NOT touristy. I personally HATE shopping and I have NO INTEREST in hitting big tourisy malls or anything like that.
- picking flowers
- horse back riding
- eating local food
- eating seafood (YUM!!)
- maybe I'll check out a courthouse somewhere. that might be interesting...
- i love parks and bridges and city views from high up
- i love beaches to gather shells and such but NOT to suntan [i am SOOOOO NOT a suntanner!!!! That's how i maintained my youthful skin ;)]
- the kids would love to lay on a beach for a day or two, so i guess i should take that into consideration. darned kids...
- islands. i think i'd like to go to an island. somewhere.
- nothing that will involve hoards of people. i am not really a "people person" and i really don't want to try to become one...
- food. i love seafood [not the unusual stuff though. nothing slimey and yucky. i'm thinking fried fish, shrimp, white fish, LOBSTER, soups...]
- vineyards. i DEFINITELY would like to go to one. but what about the children? what will they do?
- high cliffs overlooking the ocean
- did i say RAINFORESTS yet? if not, LOTS OF GREENERY and rainforests and wildlife
- trains. i LOVE trains and will travel by train!! especially if they're really beautiful(i don't mean 5 star hotel style beauty, i just mean you can see lots and you can sleep on them if required) and compfy and have eating cars and train food. did i mention how much i loved travelling by train in Africa, Europe, South America?
- I can't drive while i'm there. That would freak me out too much and i don't think i'd enjoy it... unless you're prepared to drive me down the coastal roads, it won't happen. :)
- markets [if i haven't already mentioned that] looks like Melbourne has markets. no?!
i think that's it. for now.
watcha all think?